Sunday, November 18, 2007

CAN'T SLEEP!!!

Don't you hate it when you can't sleep? It's 1:40 in the morning and I have been laying in bed since about midnight and I can't fall asleep! I think that I am excited & anxious. Mike's parents are coming into town tomorrow (which is really today) and we just can't wait to see them. They will be here from Monday to Friday to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday with us. Because they are coming I have so much to do. Mostly cleaning the house and running a couple of errands. I don't know why I like the house to be perfect for guests but, it's a must! I will spend my day scrubbing toilets, mopping floors, dusting, organizing, washing windows, doing laundry, changing sheets and vacuuming. I will be annoyed if my children put one thing out of place before Grandma and Grandpa get here and then it will all be destroyed 1.3 seconds after they arrive. Why do I do this to myself? I'm sure my insomnia has nothing to do with the fact that I ate popcorn and drank lots of Pepsi while I was watching the American Music Awards (go Carrie Underwood!!) tonight. I actually don't feel tired at all right now but I know that when I am trying to teach my 9:15 aerobics class I am going to be exhaused. Now that it's 1:54 I should really try to fall asleep again!

9 comments:

mahina said...

i am very experienced, unfortunately, with insomnia! can i just say that i HATE it!! but what better thing to pass the time than blogging!!

hope you finally got to sleep and that you have a wonderful day cleaning and preping! i am the same way when it comes to having the house look perfect when we have visitors!

have a great visit with mike's fam!

Bridget said...

Sometimes I am so anal about the house being clean for guests, if my kids get hungry they have to take their snack outside. I don't want to clean up one more crumb.

Good luck jumping around this morning with your eyes half open.

Darilyn said...

I couldn't sleep last night either! Was it a full moon? Fortunately I don't have to teach an aerobics class this morning.

Megan said...

I'm the same way about cleaning. It drives Reed crazy!! He often comments why the house isn't as insanely clean for us as it is for visitors. Such is life.:)

By the way I was editing some home videos tonight and saw all of you at a couple of different birthday parties over the years. Made me miss you guys all over again. Happy thanksgiving. love you

Sydney said...

Where DO you get your energy? Cleaning, aerobics, 4 kids? I need a nap.

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! Family visiting can be so fun. When we lived in South Carolina, I would start preparing for my family to visit about two weeks in advance. (Keep in mind I did not have two crazy/fun kids then.)

rozalyn said...

Hey Becca! I'm finally getting around to commenting on your blog. How are you guys enjoying TX? Is it true that everything is really bigger there? Doug wants to know if Mike is fulfilling his omfs dream. Actually, what he really said is, "I want to know if he's crazy enough to do it!" (We sometimes wonder if we're a little crazy...)Please give Emilie Parrott (she used to be my vt. comp.; isn't that funny Bird & Parrott?) and her girls a big hello from me. We miss them. It cracks me up that they're in your ward! Isn't it such a small Mormon world?

wildthayn said...

Becca, you are hilarious! The funny thing is that its 1:00 am and I'm trolling blogs. I hope you have a perfectly clean and organized thanksgiving with your family. Get some sleep!! I'll try to do the same.

Katie Smith said...

It's because you're crazy and obsessive that I LOVE YOU! I hope you had a good time with Stan and Linda. It's always great to have family around for the holidays. Sure, I wish I were the family you had around, but whatever. I guess I'll just have to wait my turn.