Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Garden








I've actually been meaning to blog about our garden since we planted it in March. I know that I took a picture of the garden once everything was grown but I can't find it now. Our tomato plants are actually 9 feet tall! Have you ever heard of such a thing? I would take a picture of it now but it's all starting to die. So, here's the garden in it's beginnings and my family eating the fruits of our labors. Notice, I am not eating the fruit of our labor cause corn on the cob isn't my "fav." What? I know, it's just so messy and all stuck up in my teeth and stuff. I think we've learned that next year we need to plant earlier cause it gets so blasted hot here that everything dies. Maybe by the time we move from Texas we will have it all figured out?

11 comments:

Balser said...

Yummy! I wish we had a garden! I like the border around it-it looks nice! That's crazy about the tomatoes but what do I know...I've never had a garden-maybe it's normal to have plants grow to almost twice your height! I would guess not but ... :)

Valeri said...

That's awesome you've planted a garden. Clearly the work paid off. We were hoping to do the same this Spring but it just never happened. Maybe next year.

Sarah said...

I know nothing about gardening, but I wish I did. That is something I have always wanted to do. As soon as we have a little more space we're going to. Thanks for sharing, I got excited thinking about it.

Bridget said...

I am so jealous. That corn looks so good. We have an herb garden. That's about as much gardening as I can do.

Kat Rose said...

You are such a molly mormon! I would love a garden, I bet it all tastes so good. Can I come for dinner and try some?

Melissa-Mc said...

Good job on the garden. Looks yummy.

Katie Smith said...

I agree about the corn on the cob. I like it, I just have to cut it off the cob because I hate when it gets all over my face and stuck in my teeth. Next year we definitely need to plant corn. Mike would love that.

Lisa said...

How fantastic! And what a pretty garden...my tomato plants all died...I guess that's what happens when you don't water them. I think it's really great that Mike gardens in his camo too :).

Tonya said...

Your garden looks huge! We do a garden with Matt's parents because theirs is HUGE! Corn on the cob isn't my fave either.

Rachael said...

Corn on the cob is the best! We haven't ever been able to grow corn. Tomatoes we are great at.

Tiff said...

Wow, those sound like some scary tomato plants. I always hear about tomato plants dying, not growing nine feet tall!