Monday, December 1, 2008

Pies, Pies BEAUTIFUL Pies!




Quite frankly, Thanksgiving dinner is not my favorite thing. I could do without the Turkey, the stuffing, the mashed potatoes, and the yams. I do like the jello though. My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is all the food before and after the meal. The Chex mix, cheese ball with crackers, relish tray and PIES. I really am not in love with pie either but at Thanksgiving I always indulge. We actually went over to some friends house for dinner this year and our assignement was green bean casserole and pies. Everyone was asked to bring something to contribute to the main meal and then a couple of pies. There were 19 pies in all!! I didn't think the green bean casserole was "picture worthy" but these pies? These pies would make my Momma proud. I asked Mike to take a picture of them and he takes this ugly picture of them sitting on my stove top. I said "I don't really like that background, lets take another one of them on the counter." Next thing I know, he has this Thanksgiving sign of mine as a backdrop to the picture. I laughed out loud. What a nerd. These were delicious pies!

15 comments:

The Ramptons said...

I like your new tunes, you always keep me updated on the latest ghetto music. Lovely pies dear!

Anne-Marie said...

That is really cute that he moved the sign. I like it. Way to go on the beautiful pies!

Sarah said...

You are the only person I know who doesn't like thanksgiving dinner.

Those pies do look great!

mahina said...

love the thanksgiving backdrop! nice touch, mike!

Katie Smith said...

Yes, Mamma would be proud. Those are gorgeous! Nice job.

Scott-n-Allison said...

Your meringue is beautiful! I can't ever get it right.

If not the dinner, be thankful for the dessert!

Bridget said...

Seriously?! You don't like Thanksgiving food? I love it all. It's actually the dessert I don't really care for. I'm not a pie person.

BjandEm said...

Look at those pies!!! Professional I must say -
Hey,thanks for being such an awesome friend!

Rich Vial said...

I think your momma is always proud of you. I know I am! Rich

The Barton Family said...

Of course I remember you! I would love to get together sometime, I wouldn't mind exploring your side of town. I am glad you found my blog. I love blogs, it is the only way I keep in touch lately. Do you still have my e mail?

Tonya said...

Those are Martha Stewart beautiful. I don't think i've ever made meringue, so great job. I could do without the turkey, I LOVE stuffing and I like pies as long as they are chocolate or lemon or key lime, but no berry or apple unless it has a crumb topping.

Annette said...

I AM proud of your pies!!
Love,
your mama

Kat Rose said...

Your such a molly! I love it, the look yummy.

Amy said...

Hmmm ... do I see Lemon Meringue? I hear the best way to serve one of those is to drop it down the inside of the refrigerator and then scoop up the remains from the floor! We will always think of you whenever we see a Lemon Meringue Pie! Love you guys :)

Cassie said...

Amen sista! They would make your momma proud! ANd they tasted good too! Mmmmmmmmmmmm!