Saturday, October 4, 2008

What am I gonna do with that kid?

Oh my sweet, mischievious Tyler! That's who I'm talkin' about, who else? My dear friend Julie Bahr is coming to visit next week and I really wanted the upstairs bathroom to be all painted and cute when she got here. But, Mike is out of town enjoying some "man" time. So, I decided to paint the bathroom myself. Jaike was down for a nap and the kids were all in quiet time. Well, of coarse by the time I was about done, all the kids were out of quiet time and Jaike was awake. I was finishing up the second coat of paint on the last wall and Emi says, "Mom, Tyler poured red juice all over Indiana (the dog). I took a deep breath and went downstairs hoping that the red juice incident took place outside. Lucky for Tyler, it did! But, my poor dog was all red as well as Tyler and my back porch. I couldn't really let Tyler in the house because his feet were all red and I couldn't clean him off because I had 75 seconds of painting left. I guess I could have stopped and cleaned him off but I didn't. Anyway, I locked him outside until I could deal with him, which was probably about 5 mintues. He stood at the back window and cried the whole time. I wish I had a picture of the red mess but I was too mad to stop and find the camera. Seriously, Tyler gets into these kinds of messes all of the time, huh Julie (purple glitter glue)? What the heck do I do with this kid? So basically, I have decided that this is all Julie's fault. Don't you think? If she wasn't coming to town and I wasn't so worried about having a cute house for her, none of this would have happened.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

hahah! That reminds me of the stories my Mom tells about one of my brothers and me. They called us Mr. and Miss Mischief. We were always doing something crazy. Once I painted the heat registers with red nail polish. I believe I was 3 or 4. It's a good thing it was outside. It will get better. : )

Ash said...

haha...my Georgie is just like that! Good for you for locking him out! Have fun with Julie! Thanks for introducing me to her, by the way, she's the hook-up here! Miss social;) and so fun, kind, and generous to invite us along to all her stuff! Enjoy your girl time!

The Ramptons said...

ok so I havn't been a big blogger lately, so I havn't seen your blog in forever. How the heck did you get all this cute stuff on your background? Show me how someday.

Katie Smith said...

Yeah, I say totally blame it on Julie. Just kidding. It's just Tyler. It would have happened anyway because that is simply what Tyler does.

Parrott Family said...

Hilarious!!!! I love Tyler. HE is THE MAN!!! I wish I could have been like that when I was little. Life would have been alot more exciting!

shannan maio said...

I can't stop laughing...That is funny you left him outside. BOYS will be BOYS!

Kat Rose said...

I love your life. It makes me laugh a lot!! You are such a great mom.

Julie Haddock said...

Do I need to come get my sweet Tyler?

Cassie said...

Did you get the trophy glued yet? :)