Monday, December 3, 2007

My Christmas Tree




So, I will try to make this long story very short; I was whining to my Dad the other day about not being able to go to a Christmas tree farm and cut down a tree this year. You can get live trees in San Antonio but only from a lot. Isn't that's like blasphemy? Anyway, my Dad said "Hey, why don't I send you a Christmas Tree?" Sure, who wouldn't love a beautiful, nobel Christmas tree from Oregon in their front room for Christmas? But, ship a Christmas tree? That can't be cheap! Before I knew it, plans were in motion to send me a Christmas tree. It was merely an experiment for my Dad. Could he even do it? How much would it cost? Would the tree be in one piece when it got here? Is he crazy or bored? Well, I came home from running some errands today and this is what I found on my doorstep!!!! Although the box had seen better days, the tree actually looked great! We are so excited to have a real live, grown in Oregon, Christmas tree this year! Thanks Dad!

12 comments:

Katie Smith said...

You've got to LOVE our Dad. What a man. My only question is why didn't he send me a tree? He must love you more. :)

BjandEm said...

When you told me what he was trying to do I didn't think he would really do it...but then again I don't know your dad. He seems to be one incredible guy! That's what dads are all about. You have a winner. I can't wait to see the tree and your house.

what kind of a name is abra said...

Do you know how lucky you are, to be a part of TWO great families!!! No wonder you have the perfect little clan of your own. I love to think of something from Oregon being a part of your crazy warm Texas Christmas!! I wonder, would your Dad ship me to your house.....

mahina said...

that is the sweetest thing i think i've heard all day! your dad's the man!!

wildthayn said...

Seriously, that's awesome!! How I would love a fresh wonderful pine tree right now!!

Bridget said...

That is so nice. A little big of Oregon in your Texas home.

rozalyn said...

Wow Becca, you must be the favorite Bell child! And I am SO jealous! We broke down and bought a fake tree (I know, I know! That's worse than blasphemy, that's grounds for excommunication)our first year here because no Kentucky tree could ever be as good as a noble fir from the NW. Your dad is AWESOME. And by the way, tell your parents hello from us! I wish your mom could give me piano lessos again. : )

pam said...

That is AWESOME, can your dad ship me out a Noble to Chicago? What a fun and unusual delivery. I would have loved to have seen the mailman's face!

The Ramptons said...

I have one thing to say to you...
.....you have boogers

Hunter Family said...

Dad's will do just about anything for their girls! How sweet. I bet your tree is the envy of the neighborhood!

Rachael said...

Your dad is the best!!!

Lloyd said...

So Becca. Wouldn't it be nice to show "the rest of the story". How about a picture of the decorated tree in your front room? love.dad